Pregnancy & Parenting

Thursday, April 2, 2009

How can I convince my parents to allow me to get a drumset?

I am extremely interested in drumming. My friends tell me I should be a drummer. I drum my hands on walls and lockers when walking down the hallway, I drum on tables...everywhere I go. I asked my parents if I could get a drumset. I offered to pay for it, because I have some money saved up from past birthdays, but they don't want me to have a drumset -- they say it'll cause too much noise. I already told them that I'd only practice with permission, and I'd stop when they asked me to, but they still won't let me have one. How can I convince them?



This is a difficult situation. I think it's great that you offered to pay for it. That's a huge and mature step. I agree with the user who said you should join the school band. I think that you should try that, and if that doesn't work, maybe borrow some drums from the school, or practice during free periods or after school. If your school doesn't have a drumset, you could ask them to rent one for you. At my high school, they rented instruments to students who wanted to use them, but only if you were in the band. So, I think you should offer to join the band, and then ask your parents to buy you a drumset so you can use it at school. Good luck!




I my self am a drummer, and my dad is too, so my parents don't care so much about the noise...plus I'm more into jazz and that is less loud, and more percise...anyway I don't know how much u have, but u should talk to them about an electronic kit. They can play all different styles, and are a great investment. Better yet you can plug head phones in or turn down the volume. However they are around $1000 so...but it sounds like a great option for you.




that's a hard one but talk about getting a quieter one. or something like guitar hero




tell them you want to join the school band.. so you need an instrument.




Tell them you'll be real quiet! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment